Friday, October 24, 2008

Rats and Triangles

Sorry I haven't posted anything in the last couple days because I was busy accelerating on my math. Anyways I was so focused on my Math I forgot all about this whole blog. Whew - now I'm back. I was just learning about how to find the area of a triangle when I remembered this blog. What I learned was so interesting I thought I would blog about it. Whew- if it wasn't for my open mind then this blog would be virtually empty except for the last couple of posts.



Back to triangles now. You find the area of a triangle by multiplying the height by the length then divide the answer by 2 and then for example if the height were 3 inches and length 12, then you multiply 3 by 12 which equals 36 then divide that by 2 so it would be 18 sq inches. It looks like this: 3x12=36 36/2=18.



As a rat I may use this if I find a triangle of Swiss cheese. This formula will help me know how much Swiss cheese I should save for later. I wish I could also share some cheese with my family but I would have to find a piece at least 6 inches in height and 18 inches in length and 10 inches in width. Next I'm going to have to learn about 3 dimensional triangles and how to figure out their volume. But my next lesson is "Using a scale factor to solve ratio problems". I don't know how that will play in my life but goodbye - I'm looking for cheese.



alsdkjfaoituawoeitjhofkjga;lkgj sl (sorry that was me just scurrying away for cheese)

6 comments:

Emily said...

Cookie Dough it sounds like you love math as much as you love cheese. Thanks for the refresher course on triangles. It was fun to meet you in person today.

Cathy said...

Cookie Dough, I will need some math lessons from you! Can you figure out how much cheese I have? I have a single slice of chedder cheese. The height is 3 inches and the width is 4 inches. How big is my cheese? If I only need 1 square inch of cheese a day, how many days until I need to find more food?! Thanks for your help! - the mouse under the stairs

Mary said...

I like how you immediatley apply your knowledge into real life story problems.

Karen S said...

My five year old Morgan thinks this is the funniest thing ever. She laughed and laughed at every picture.

AmyBee said...

I am so impressed Cookie dough. You are such a math wiz! Would you be available to tutor me in math? I could use a refresher course.

Anonymous said...

Rats get diarhea from cheese, but we could send you some cheese flavored Yogies.